Yuasa Hollow Fiber Membrane Filters
Yuasa hollow fiber membrane filter uses a polysulfone membrane, which is characterized by excellent filtration performance and heat and chemical resistance. This helps to achieve high precision filtration, at 0.04, 0.1, 0.2, 0.45 and 0.8 μm.
Yuasa’s membrane filtration technology is used in many different applications because of the commercialization of cartridge filters using hollow fiber membrane filters for polysulfone, which is compatible with severe conditions for separation and refinement, namely the efficient filtration of fluid containing 0.04 - 0.8 micrometer fine particles. This area is regarded as a boundary between precision filtration and ultrafiltration. This is an area of high precision filtration.
Yuasa hollow fiber membrane filter has high porosity and allows for a large membrane area. Therefore it has a very high level of filtration capability. It also excels in heat and chemical resistance.
- Use of a good membrane material, polysulfone, allows for filtration at high flow rates.
- The asymmetric polysulfone membrane unfailingly captures fine particles and bacteria.
- Filtration life of the hollow fiber membrane filter is twice or three times larger than that of a traditional pleats-type cartridge filter.
- Heat resistance: 90 °C (or 121 °C for 60 minutes an autoclave)
- Recyclable by chemical cleaning
- Recyclable by adverse-pressure cleaning
A filtration system can be designed with the use of Yuasa hollow fiber membrane filters.
Contact us for details.
- Elimination of bacteria and clarifying filtration in food and beverages
- Filtration of process water
- Filtration of ultrapure water
- Filtration of fluids
Performance of elimination of bacteria
A study was conducted with the use of pseudomonas and serratia bacteria as an example of high precision filtration.
As demonstrated by the analysis results, the Yuasa hollow fiber membrane filter:
- Is a complete sterilization filter the LRV (bacteria capturing performance) of which is larger than 9 at 0.2 μｍ and 0.45 μｍ.
- Which completely eliminates pseudomonas and serratia bacteria that are smaller than hiochi bacteria.
- Is therefore capable of also capturing other general bacteria such as E. coli.
|Pore size of
a hollow fiber membrane
|Test bacteria||Challenge bacteria
|Viable bacteria count
[Size of bacteria]
|Species||Diameter (μm)||Length (μm)|
|Brevundimonas diminuta||0.5 - 0.7||1.5 - 3.0|
|Serratie marceScen||0.5 - 0.8||0.9 - 2.0|
|Hi-ochi Lactic acid bacteria||0.5 - 0.6||3.0 - 4.0|
|Effective membrane area
|Bacteria/particle elimination performance
LRV (particle/indicator bacteria)
|Operating pH region
(Autoclave: 121 °C x 60 minutes)
|>12 Latex partpcle (diameter 0.042μm)||2 - 14|
|YHF−10||0.1||>12 Latex partpcle (diameter 0.109μm)|
|YHF−20||0.2||>9 Brevundimonas diminuta|
|YHF−45||0.45||>11 Serratie marceScen|
- Hollow fiber membrane……Polysulfone resin
- Case……Polypropylene resin
- Potting material……Polyurethane resin
- -1 222 O-ring
-2 <Silicone rubber/EPDM/NBR/fluoro-rubber
- -1 Double open end (flat gasket)
-2 <Silicon rubber/EPDM/NBR/fluoro-rubber
Indication of format
|222 O-ring||Double open end|
|F||Double open end|
(except the 30-inch type)
|F||Double open end (flat gasket)|