Backwash Flat Membrane System
Yuasa backwash flat membrane system involves suction filtration to form a layer of sludge caked on the flat membrane surface and, by means of backwashing, peels off and collects the cake.
The system can be used to reduce sludge and collect valuables from it.
- Without the use of flocculants, the system allows for sludge dewatering at a water content ranging between 50 and 80 wt% (*).
- The use of a membrane with a nominal pore size of 0.25μm controls SS in filtrate at or below 1 mg/L.
- Collection of silicon abrasive powder
- Collection of rare metal
- Reduction of sludge
- Effective filtration area: 0.09 m2/membrane
- Nominal pore size: 0.25 μm
- Membrane material: polyethylene terephthalate resin and chlorinated polyvinyl chloride resin
- Flux: 0.1 to 5 m/day
- Pressure resistance: -98 kPa to +20 kPa
- Operating temperature: 5 to 38 degrees C
- Operating pH range: 3 to 10